CICMH’s Online Community of Practice is not a place to seek help for mental health and addiction problems. If you or someone you know needs help please call Ontario’s Mental Health Helpline 1-866-531-2600 or visit http://www.connexontario.ca/ In case of immediate emergencies, please call 911 or visit the nearest hospital’s emergency department.
The information on this site is for information purposes only.
CICMH’s Online Community of Practice does not provide medical advice, medical services or mental health services. The information on this site is for information purposes only. Always contact a qualified health professional for further information on your specific situation or circumstance.
The CICMH, its affiliates and content licensors assume no liability for any inaccurate, delayed or incomplete information, nor for any actions taken in reliance thereon.
CICMH and registered users of the Online Community of Practice may provide links to other websites. These links are only provided as a convenience, and not as an endorsement of any linked site or the information, products or services appearing thereon. These links and sites are not under the control of CICMH. If you decide to visit any of these sites, you do so at your own risk. CICMH is not responsible for the content of any such linked sites or any other web page that is not part of our site. Accordingly, you agree that the CICMH will not be responsible or liable in any way for the accuracy, legality, relevancy, decency or copyright compliance of material and information contained in any site linked from this CICMH site.Please be aware that CICMH is not responsible for the privacy practices of other websites that we link to. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of each and every website that requests personal information from you.
This site does not gather personal information about you other than what you choose to post yourself.
The Centre for Innovation in Campus Mental Health (CICMH) will not share or sell any personal information obtained from users with any other organization or government agency except as required by law. The information you are required to provide for registration purposes, such as your name, email address, and organization, is only used by CICMH staff to contact you about matters that relate to site content and/or for the following purposes:
- to control and administer access to and use of the Online Community and its features
- to maintain the security of our website and verify and control access to your account
- to administer personalized settings and content depending on your user profile and the options you have selected
- to respond to your requests, inquiries, comments and suggestions, and maintain records of correspondence with us.
- to engage in program evaluation.
In addition, registered users can choose to receive CICMH’s newsletter and updates. Should you opt-in to this service, we will use your full name and your e-mail address to send you such communications.
Note that you can withdraw consent or opt-out of receiving CICMH’s newsletter and updates by sending an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sharing Your Information with Third Parties
There are some circumstances in which certain personal information may be disclosed or accessible to third parties. Examples include the following:
- Personal information may be transferred between the operator of this site and third party agents or service providers engaged to provide web management, hosting or other services on our behalf in connection with the Online Community. We take reasonable measures to ensure that your personal information that may be collected, used, disclosed or otherwise processed by these service providers on our behalf is protected and not used or disclosed for purposes other than as directed by the Society, subject to legal requirements applicable to those organizations.
- We believe it is important to evaluate the quality and impact of our programs. Information created by you on the Online Community of Practice may be made available to external researchers for the purpose of program evaluation. Results are used to improve our level of service to you and other people living with cancer. While aggregate information about results may be publicized, individuals would not be identifiable. The evaluation is not used for commercial gain.
- Personal information may be used by the CICMH and disclosed or transferred to parties connected with a proposed or actual merger or acquisition, assignment or other disposal of this Online Community or all or part of the Online Community or our business or assets.
- Personal Information may be disclosed by the Society as necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request, or when the Society believes, in its sole discretion that such disclosure could prevent imminent har
It is a common standard to use automatic data collection tools, such as cookies, embedded web links and web beacons. The CICMH follows this model. These tools collect standard information that the user’s browser sends to the CICMH website. These tools help make user visits to our website easier, more efficient. Data is collected to track site usage in an aggregate manner and to improve the services provided on CICMH’s online community of practice.
Protecting your personal information
The CICMH will not disclose your personal information to any third party.
Limitation of Liability:
In no event shall the Centre for Innovation in Campus Mental Health (CICMH) assume any liability to any user or any third party in respect of CICMH’s online community of practice for any special, direct, indirect, consequential or punitive damages, including but not limited to loss of profits, loss of data, loss of computer time, business interruption, failure to realize expected savings and any other commercial or economic loss of any kind, whether arising in contract or tort (including negligence) or otherwise, including any fundamental breach, even if ORION has been advised of the possibility of any of these damages.
For more information: